Newark NY USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022, temp currently is Partly Cloudy
More on current conditions
W 14 mph
29.96 in (1015.8 mb)
Wind Chill18°F (-8°C)
27 Feb 8:53 am EST
More Information:Local Forecast OfficeMore Local Wx3 Day HistoryMobile WeatherHourly Weather Forecast
7 Day Newark NY USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022
Snow Showersand AreasBlowing SnowHigh: 34 °F
Snow ShowersLikely andAreas BlowingSnowLow: 11 °F
Chance SnowShowers thenPartly SunnyHigh: 24 °F
Mostly CloudyLow: 12 °F
Slight ChanceSnow Showersthen ChanceShowersHigh: 43 °F
ChanceRain/Snowthen ChanceSnow ShowersLow: 25 °F
Chance SnowShowersHigh: 34 °F
Chance SnowShowersLow: 22 °F
Chance SnowShowers thenMostly CloudyHigh: 28 °F
We hope you like this weather data for Newark NY USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022. Also for the rest of the week, too!
TodaySnow showers, mainly after 3pm. Areas of blowing snow between 3pm and 5pm. High near 34. Breezy, with a west wind 17 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around an inch possible. TonightSnow showers likely, mainly before 3am. Areas of blowing snow before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible. MondayA chance of snow showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible. Monday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph in the evening. TuesdayA slight chance of snow showers between 8am and noon, then a chance of rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 43. South wind 9 to 13 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. Tuesday NightA chance of rain showers before 8pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 8pm and 10pm, then a chance of snow showers after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible. WednesdayA chance of snow showers before 8am, then a chance of snow showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Wednesday NightA chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 30%.ThursdayA chance of snow showers before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Thursday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 12.FridayPartly sunny, with a high near 32.Friday NightMostly cloudy, with a low around 17.SaturdayA chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Here’s a detailed discussion below that you might like for Newark NY USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022.
Area Forecast Discussion Issued by NWS Buffalo, NYHome | Current Version | Previous Version | Text Only | Print | Product List | Glossary OffVersions: 1
FXUS61 KBUF 271435
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
935 AM EST Sun Feb 27 2022
Lake snows will continue off Lake Ontario today, with moderate
additional accumulations east of Lake Ontario. An arctic cold front
will move southwards through our region this afternoon, producing a
few brief bursts of moderate to heavy snow and minor accumulations.
Scattered lake snow showers will then be found southeast of the
lakes tonight with minor additional accumulations.
.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/…
A band of moderate to heavy lake effect snow continues east of Lake
Ontario this morning, embedded within a larger area of light snow.
The area of heaviest snow has moved south out of most of Jefferson
County, and is now focused on the central Tug Hill as boundary layer
flow begins to veer. This area of lake effect snow will produce
another 2-4″ for lower elevations and 4-7″ for the Tug Hill Plateau
today, with Winter Weather Advisories in effect east of the lake.
Elsewhere it has been mainly dry this morning, with just a few lake
effect flurries northeast of Lake Erie so far.
An arctic cold front will cross the region this afternoon. Strong
low level forcing from the front will likely be enough to be able to
at least partially mix down winds from a 40 knot low level jet.
Winds will gust in the 35-45 mph range today areawide, producing
areas of blowing and drifting snow and reduced visibility in open
areas. Latest CAMS guidance continues to suggest the arctic cold
front will capture the band of Lake Ontario lake effect snow and
carry it southeast of the lake, merging with the arctic cold front
to produce a brief burst of moderate to heavy snow showers across
much of the region from mid afternoon through early evening.
Accumulations will be minor with this, but it will be accompanied by
greatly reduced visibility.
In the wake of the arctic cold, a very cold northwesterly flow
tonight will support some nuisance lake snows south of Lake Ontario.
Overnight low temperatures will range from the minus single digits
across the North Country to the single digits above zero for the
western counties. Northwest winds will drop wind chill values
as cold as 25 below for portions of the North Country, especially
across the Tug Hill. A wind chill advisory will be issued
.SHORT TERM /MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT/…
High pressure will move overhead Monday. Any lingering snow showers
will fade away by mid-day then dry conditions expected through most
of Monday night. Chilly Monday with temperatures climbing to the 20s
across western NY and the teens across the North Country. An
elevated warm front will approach the region Monday night. Moisture
will increase as a 30kt low-level jet moves across the region and
light snow will begin to move into the North Country very late
Monday night into Tuesday morning. Temperatures will fall to the
teens across western NY to near 0F across the North Country Monday
night. The associated area of low pressure near Lake Huron Tuesday
morning will track east over Lake Ontario and the Saint Lawrence
Valley by Tuesday afternoon. A southerly flow ahead of the advancing
cold front will allow surface temperatures to climb into the upper
30s to low 40s across the region. Mainly rain showers will increase
in coverage as a cold front tracks across the region Tuesday. Colder
temperatures will persist at higher elevations east of Lake Ontario
and snow showers are likely through the afternoon with minor
accumulations on the Tug Hill Tuesday.
Widespread rain and snow showers taper off to scattered snow showers
Tuesday night. Minor snow accumulation is possible. Temperatures
will fall to the 20s across western NY to the teens across the North
.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/…
Another area of low pressure will quickly track from the Northern
Plains to the Great Lakes region Wednesday. The chance for snow
showers will increase during the day becoming more widespread by
Wednesday night. Cold, northwest flow will move back into the region
resulting in 850mb temperatures falling to near -20C by Thursday
night. Lake effect snow showers are possible through Thursday night.
An area of high pressure will likely build into the region Friday
into Saturday resulting in mostly dry conditions.
A warming trend may start Saturday with temperatures climbing above
normal. An area of low pressure may produce widespread rain for the
.AVIATION /15Z SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY/…
Lake effect snow will continue to produce widespread IFR/LIFR VSBY
east of Lake Ontario today. The heaviest snow is now south of KART,
but IFR is still expected there through mid afternoon.
This afternoon, an arctic front pushing south across the forecast
area will produce a couple hours of IFR to LIFR vsbys in squally
snow showers moving from northwest to southeast across the area,
mainly mid afternoon to early evening.
Outside of lake effect areas and arctic front snow showers, expect a
mix of VFR/MVFR CIGS. It will be windy through this evening, with
wind gusts in the 25-35+ knot range areawide resulting in blowing
snow and reduced VSBY.
Monday…A few lake effect snow showers southeast of Lake Ontario
early, otherwise mainly VFR.
Tuesday…VFR early, then MVFR conditions in rain and snow showers
in the afternoon.
Wednesday…VFR to MVFR conditions in scattered snow showers.
Fresh to occasionally strong westerlies will strengthen ahead
of an arctic cold front today. This will lead to gale force
winds on most of Lake Ontario with high end small craft
advisories remaining in place on Lake Erie and for all of the
Winds will dramatically decrease tonight and especially Monday, as
high pressure will move across the region.
NY…Winter Weather Advisory until 5 PM EST this afternoon for
Wind Chill Advisory from 1 AM to 9 AM EST Monday for
Winter Weather Advisory until 7 PM EST this evening for NYZ006.
Winter Weather Advisory until 7 PM EST this evening for NYZ008.
MARINE…Small Craft Advisory until 4 PM EST this afternoon for LEZ020-
Small Craft Advisory until 9 PM EST this evening for
Gale Warning until 10 PM EST this evening for LOZ063>065.
Gale Warning until 7 PM EST this evening for LOZ043-044-
Gale Warning until 4 PM EST this afternoon for LOZ042.
Small Craft Advisory until 10 PM EST this evening for
Here are some major cities that you can check out the weather today and weather tomorrow in:
Our Source for this data
Always make sure to check multiple sources for the weather in case something’s wrong with this info about Newark NY USA Weather Tomorrow and Today. If you need to contact us, info(at)yourweatherconnection.com is the best way. Make sure to type an “@” instead of (at).