Harpswell ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022, temp currently is A Few Clouds
More on current conditions
A Few Clouds
W 8 mph
29.71 in (1006.1 mb)
Heat Index84°F (29°C)
20 Jul 8:51 am EDT
More Information:Local Forecast OfficeMore Local Wx3 Day HistoryMobile WeatherHourly Weather Forecast
7 Day Harpswell ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022
Mostly SunnyHigh: 80 °F
Partly CloudyLow: 65 °F
Patchy Fogthen ChanceT-storms andPatchy FogHigh: 77 °F
ChanceT-storms andPatchy FogLow: 67 °F
SunnyHigh: 80 °F
Mostly ClearLow: 65 °F
SunnyHigh: 79 °F
Partly CloudyLow: 65 °F
Mostly Sunnythen ChanceShowersHigh: 80 °F
We hope you like this weather data for Harpswell ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022. Also for the rest of the week, too!
TodayMostly sunny, with a high near 80. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. TonightPartly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind around 5 mph. ThursdayA 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 5pm. Some of the storms could produce small hail and gusty winds. Patchy fog before 5pm. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 77. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Thursday NightA chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then a chance of showers between 11pm and 2am. Patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.FridaySunny, with a high near 80. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Friday NightMostly clear, with a low around 65.SaturdaySunny, with a high near 79.Saturday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 65.SundayA 30 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80.Sunday NightA 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.MondayA 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 78.Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 62.TuesdayMostly sunny, with a high near 75.
Here’s a detailed discussion below that you might like for Harpswell ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022.
Area Forecast Discussion Issued by NWS Portland, MEHome | Current Version | Previous Version | Text Only | Print | Product List | Glossary OffVersions: 1
FXUS61 KGYX 201058
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Gray ME
658 AM EDT Wed Jul 20 2022
Hot and at times humid conditions continue through the weekend
as ridging dominates the pattern across the region. Low pressure
brings a cold front from the Great Lakes Thursday afternoon and
evening with showers and thunderstorms, possibly severe. Very
warm and mainly dry conditions will then return for Friday
through the weekend. Heat builds through the weekend before
another front passes through Sunday night, with high pressure
building in for early next week.
.NEAR TERM /TODAY/…
658 AM Update… Not much to report other than minor tweaks to
the near term to account for observations and latest CAMs.
Cirrocu continues to stream overhead with widely scattered
convection across the northeast. One thundershower took a swipe
at our southeastern-most tip in Cheshire NH but likely stayed
just outside as it tracked into Mass.
High pressure crests the East Coast with the story for today
being heat and potential for a spotty shower or two as a belt of
fairly strong west-northwesterlies zooms overhead. Strong
mixing will bring surface temperatures up quickly, eventually
plateauing in the 80s to low-90s through the afternoon and into
the evening hours. Steady westerly flow today will provide some
resistance to the sea breeze, though it should eventually push
several miles inland by through the afternoon… furthest inland
along the the Midcoast. With dew points mostly in the 60s,
except drier toward the north, heat indices top out in the
upper-80s to mid-90s. The heat advisory has been expanded to
include Concord / Merrimack Co in New Hampshire but otherwise
little change to this portion of the forecast.
Looking upstream, the WNWerly jet streak is currently producing
isolated convective showers, realizing an increase in moisture
content pushing in with the upper level ridge axis. With some
model support, have included a slight chance for a shower or
storm from the Whites down through the southern coast with
potential for the seabreeze to help with initiation. Otherwise,
mid- and high- clouds will stream overhead with filtered
.SHORT TERM /TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY/…
An upper level trough of low pressure will approach New England
from the Great Lakes region tonight, bringing steady height
falls and increasing southwest flow… and by extension,
increasing humidity and thickening cloud cover. Thus
temperatures tonight will remain quite warm, especially in the
southern interior of New Hampshire where lows will struggle or
in some cases fail to reach even the 70 degree mark. Further
north and east, decoupling should occur before the upward trend
in humidity and cloud cover, allowing slightly more comfortable
lows in the mid- 60s.
Thursday will feel similarly hot compared with Wednesday, but
with more humidity and slightly cooler raw temperatures…
calculating out to heat indices in the upper-80s to mid-90s once
again, perhaps a little more oppressive up into the interior of
western Maine. This will rely primarily on the advance of a
cold front and associated convection / cloud cover however the
overall model trend favors a slightly slower progression…
allowing better mixing to be realized for much of our area.
Southerly winds will be steady in this environment, gusting
around 20 kts for the most part. If you`re seeking cooler
conditions, the Midcoast will be the place to be with southerly
flow off the waters limiting the heat with highs along the
immediate coast perhaps sticking in the 70s, with potential for
a fog bank to form.
The warm and humid environment will be quite unstable and
conducive for robust thunderstorm development by the time a cold
front sweeps across New England later in the day… with timing
this feature being the primary forecast conundrum at this
stage. A surging jet will increase 0-6km shear to about 35-45
kts, sufficient for organized line segments with steep lapse
rates especially above 700 mb (for hail growth) and through the
mixed layer (for efficient wind gust momentum transfer)…
though I do have some doubts about shear with the trough
pivoting negatively and lifting best kinematics more northward.
Taking a look at latest CAMs… the main round of storms enters
the Connecticut River Valley in the early or mid afternoon,
where they will be able to take advantage of peak daytime
destabilization before tracking east, then weakening as they
meet more stable marine air amid a setting sun around the time
it reaches central and Mid-coastal Maine. Timing may yet shift
as we near the event, but at this stage the slight risk for
severe storms as outlined by the SPC seems fair, as does the
trend toward the marginal risk toward Penobscot Bay. PWATs will
also increase to 1.75-2″ with the front, so while storm movement
should prevent significant training / flash flooding concerns,
precip loading increases gusty wind potential… and downpours
can be expected.
.LONG TERM /THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY/…
A trough centered across Hudson Bay and a ridge across the
southern US will continue to spread warm to hot conditions into
the region through the weekend. A passing cold front Thursday
night brings a brief break from the humidity, but hot
temperatures remain for Friday and Saturday. Another cold front
approaches late in the day on Sunday, bringing the next chance
of showers and thunderstorms, and potentially some temperatures
closer to average for early next week as Canadian high pressure
follows the front.
Showers and storms are expected to diminish through the evening
hours Thursday, with the cold front passing through during the
overnight hours. Temperatures warm into the 90s again for most
areas with a westerly wind behind the front on Friday, but dew
points likely fall into the low 60s to upper 50s by the
afternoon hours, limiting the impact of the heat.
As the airmass moderates into the weekend, temperatures will
likely climb by a couple degrees each day. A cold front is
expected to pass through the area either late Sunday or Sunday
night. While Saturday is expected to be warmer than Friday,
Sunday may end up being the hottest day depending on the timing
of the front. Because of the uncertainty of the front and any
clouds or showers that may be out ahead of it to limit
temperatures, I held with the NBM temps for Sunday, but the
potential exists for temps in the upper 90s to near 100 degrees
across southern areas.
Showers and storms are likely to accompany the front, but the
extent and strength of these will also be affected by the timing
of the frontal passage. Behind the front, Monday is likely to
still be warm with westerly flow, then the relatively cooler and
drier airmass will try to arrive for Tuesday and Wednesday as
high pressure builds in. This would likely be a relative break
from the heat as the pattern overall looks to hold into next
week, and the supply of warm air from the Plains states
.AVIATION /12Z WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY/…
Short Term…VFR dominates today with a west wind veering
southerly/onshore for coastal terminals during the afternoon.
Otherwise, can`t rule out a brief shower for southern terminals.
Ceilings will fill in but remain VFR tonight, with potential for
fog development in the humid airmass. Restrictions in SHRA/TSRA
are likely especially for western terminals Thursday afternoon,
less likely toward the east. Any shower or storm will be capable
of producing strong, gusty winds… on top of 20+ kts gusts
throughout the day, outside of storms.
Long Term…Showers and storms diminish Thursday evening, then
patchy fog is possible the rest of the night. Predominantly VFR
conditions are expected Friday through Sunday, then showers and
storms are possible again late Sunday and Sunday night. VFR
conditions are likely predominant for early next week.
Short Term…High pressure keeps conditions quiet over the
waters today. Southwesterly flow begins to increase tonight,
veering southerly ahead of a cold front approaching from the
west on Thursday. While a steady breeze will be felt…
temperature profiles won`t be particularly favorable for wind
gusts to reach the ocean`s surface from above. So, only have a
brief, low-end threat of a SCA gusts on Thursday but with fairly
consistent signal for 4-5 ft waves over the coastal waters.
Long Term…SCA conditions are possible Thursday night with
southerly winds ahead of a cold front, then conditions ease for
Friday and Saturday as high pressure builds across the waters.
Southerly swell to near 5ft may linger across eastern waters
through Friday. SCA conditions are then possible again Saturday
night and Sunday as southerly flow increase ahead of another
NH…Heat Advisory from 11 AM this morning to 8 PM EDT Thursday for
Here are some major cities that you can check out the weather today and weather tomorrow in:
Our Source for this data
Always make sure to check multiple sources for the weather in case something’s wrong with this info about Harpswell ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today. If you need to contact us, info(at)yourweatherconnection.com is the best way. Make sure to type an “@” instead of (at).