Greenville ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022, temp currently is 20°F
More on current conditions
S 8 mph
29.64 in (1006.4 mb)
Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
27 Feb 8:56 am EST
More Information:Local Forecast OfficeMore Local Wx3 Day HistoryMobile WeatherHourly Weather Forecast
7 Day Greenville ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022
Wind Chill Advisory February 28, 01:00am until February 28, 10:00amClick here for hazard details and duration
Wind Chill Advisory
Cloudy thenScatteredSnow ShowersHigh: 29 °F
Snow ShowersLikely andAreas BlowingSnowLow: -3 °F
ColdHigh: 10 °F
Mostly ClearLow: -3 °F
Mostly Sunnythen ChanceSnowHigh: 21 °F
Chance SnowLow: 16 °F
Mostly SunnyHigh: 26 °F
Slight ChanceSnow ShowersLow: 10 °F
Slight ChanceSnow ShowersHigh: 17 °F
We hope you like this weather data for Greenville ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022. Also for the rest of the week, too!
TodayScattered snow showers, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. West wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.TonightSnow showers likely, mainly before midnight. Areas of blowing snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -19. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. MondaySunny and cold, with a high near 10. Wind chill values as low as -23. Northwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Monday NightMostly clear, with a low around -3. Wind chill values as low as -14. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. TuesdayA chance of snow, mainly after 3pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 21. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Tuesday NightA chance of snow, mainly before 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 16. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%.WednesdayMostly sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Wednesday NightA slight chance of snow showers after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Chance of precipitation is 20%.ThursdayA slight chance of snow showers before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 17. Chance of precipitation is 20%.Thursday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 0.FridayMostly sunny, with a high near 19.Friday NightMostly clear, with a low around 7.SaturdayA slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Here’s a detailed discussion below that you might like for Greenville ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today 2.28.2022 and 2.27.2022.
Area Forecast Discussion Issued by NWS Caribou, MEHome | Current Version | Previous Version | Text Only | Print | Product List | Glossary OffVersions: 1
FXUS61 KCAR 271452
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Caribou ME
952 AM EST Sun Feb 27 2022
A strong cold front will approach today and cross the area this
evening. High pressure will build Monday into Tuesday. Low
pressure will approach Tuesday night then move east from the
region Wednesday followed by building Canadian high pressure for
Wednesday night and Thursday.
.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/…
950 AM Update…
Breaks in the clouds are noted across much of the forecast area
ahead of the surface front and upper level trough, but these
breaks will fill in with mostly cloudy skies expected across
the area late this morning into the afternoon. Light returns in
the form of flurries and snow showers across the north are noted
on radar, otherwise conditions remain dry this morning.
Temperatures and dew points were raised a few to several degrees
based on recent trends in observations. At 856 AM, the Downeast
coast was already approaching freezing. Also made some
adjustments to temperatures over the waters tonight to indicate
the anti-diurnal trend prior to the frontal passage. Adjusted
freezing spray based on this change, but no changes in the
freezing spray advisory timing were needed.
Temps are warming this morning with warm air advection moving
in ahead of approaching cdfnt. Clds are streaming in ahead of a
system still located over Quebec. Cold front extends fm 998mb
sfc low over central Quebec back to the southwest thru Ontario
and into the UP of Michigan. Cdfnt will move east thru the day
today and wl be along the international border by 18z this
afternoon. Light snow showers expected to develop ahead in warm
advection, mainly over the northwest this morning with heavier
snow showers developing along the pre-frontal trof after 18z.
As the cold front approaches the region this afternoon,
potential for snow squalls looks high as CAPES > 50 J/KG (some
guidance giving CAPES > 100 J), with very steep low-lvl lapse
rates up to 600mb. Based on all model guidance available,
including hires, timing of snow squalls will range from 17-20z
over the St. John Vly and 21-00z over the I95 corridor. Whiteout
conditions will be common as the squalls move through. Some
question surrounds how far south the squalls will be able to
hang on with Downeast appearing less likely for squalls.
A quick 1-2 inches of snow can be expected acrs the north this
afternoon and evening as heavier snow showers and squalls
accompany the front through.
Following the boundary winds will be able to mix down with gusts
to 35 mph common acrs the region thru the overnight. Hv
mentioned blowing snow acrs the most of the region between 7pm
and midnight with areas of blowing snow expected downwind of
open field and lakes. Winds will be from the northwest thru the
overnight, therefore all north-south and east-west roads will be
affected. Travel will be dangerous during the overnight hours.
Will allow later shifts to possibly issue a blowing snow
advisory across the north tonight as squalls pass.
In addition to the blowing snow, temps will dip into the minus
single digits across the north. With the strong winds, wind
chill temperatures will drop to between -20 and -30F after
midnight tonight into Monday morning.
.SHORT TERM /MONDAY THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT/…
Arctic high pressure builds Monday. A strong pressure gradient and a
relatively deep mixed layer will tap into stronger winds above H900
and generate gusts to 30 mph…mostly Monday morning.
H850 and H925 temps will be less than -25C in northern zones. These
cold temps and the winds make Wind Chill Advisory conditions
possible Monday morning for northern zones. Highs at both Caribou
and Bangor will be quite close to the lowest on record. Patchy
blowing snow in eastern Aroostook County may also continue to affect
travel. The winds will die off Monday evening and with the cold air
mass in place, attention turns to radiational cooling. Subzero temps
are expected across the entire area except the outer islands, making
for a very cold start to the meteorological spring. The only
impediment to radiational cooling will be increasing cirrus later in
the night. Have continued to go well below guidance with readings
around minus 20 in the North Woods and readings less than minus 10
for much of Aroostook County. Tuesday will feature warm advection as
the inversion breaks. The high clouds will continue to thicken and
lower with snow breaking out in the afternoon across northwestern
zones. The system responsible for the snow is a weak clipper in the
northern jet stream. There`s little moisture available. Snow will
overspread the entire area Tuesday night and overall accumulations
looks to be in the one to three inch…or possibly two to four inch
range given generous snow ratios approaching twenty to one. A low
DGZ and lack of strong winds will help ensure these higher ratios.
The best lift will be in the Downeast region Tuesday night. The low
will deepen slightly as it moves across Maine and into the Maritimes
and start to pick up a little Atlantic moisture. Have raised PoPs
into likely or above for Tuesday night.
.LONG TERM /WEDNESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY/…
The cold pattern continues for the rest of the week with below
normal temperatures and generally dry conditions. Guidance continues
to produce a wide variety of solutions from model to model and run
to run for a possible clipper system early Thursday. GFS and GEMS
have a much more defined upper trough that produces a surface low
while ECMWF continues to feature a more ill-defined impulse moving
well to the south of the area on Thursday. The net result is chance
to slight chance PoPs for snow showers following a reinforcing shot
of Arctic air for later Thursday into Friday. The cold pattern
finally shows signs of abating for Saturday night into Sunday as the
cold upper troughing finally pushes eastward out of the area in
favor of an upper ridge and subsidence.
.AVIATION /15Z SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAY/…
NEAR TERM: Northern terminals will see VFR this morning before
falling to MVFR in -shsn after 15z to the north of PQI. IFR
moves in btwn 17z and 20z from KFVE to KHUL. LIFR possible as
snow squalls move through this afternoon but confidence only
allows for tempo groups. BGR and BHB likely to drop to IFR
between 22z and 02z in -shsn.
After -shsn end around 02z, MVFR vsbys will continue across the
north in ocnl blsn thru 12z Mon.
SHORT TERM: Monday into Tuesday morning…VFR with a slight chance
of blowing snow reducing vis at PQI/CAR/FVE Monday morning. NW winds
will gust to 30kt.
Tuesday afternoon and Tuesday night…IFR tempo LIFR vis in snow
Wednesday into Thursday…VFR expected with a slight chance of IFR
vis in snow showers for Thursday morning.
NEAR TERM: Gale warning remains in effect this afternoon
through tonight as winds gust to between 35-40kts. Seas will
increase to between 5 to 9 feet this evening. Moderate freezing
spray can be expected after 1 AM tonight.
SHORT TERM: Gale conditions will wind down Monday morning, followed
by advisory winds into Monday night. Moderate freezing spray
continues most of Monday…followed by light freezing spray Monday
night into early Tuesday morning. The next Small Craft Advisory is
likely Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, and yet another appears
possible Thursday afternoon into Friday.
ME…Wind Chill Advisory from 1 AM to 10 AM EST Monday for
MARINE…Freezing Spray Advisory from 1 AM to 4 PM EST Monday for
Gale Warning from 1 PM this afternoon to noon EST Monday for
Here are some major cities that you can check out the weather today and weather tomorrow in:
Our Source for this data
Always make sure to check multiple sources for the weather in case something’s wrong with this info about Greenville ME USA Weather Tomorrow and Today. If you need to contact us, info(at)yourweatherconnection.com is the best way. Make sure to type an “@” instead of (at).