Awendaw SC Weather Tomorrow and Today

Awendaw SC Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022, temp currently is Fair

More on current conditions



Wind Speed
Vrbl 8 mph

30.01 in

77°F (25°C)

9.00 mi

Heat Index88°F (31°C)
Last update

20 Jul 8:55 am EDT

More Information:Local Forecast OfficeMore Local Wx3 Day HistoryMobile WeatherHourly Weather Forecast

7 Day Awendaw SC Weather Tomorrow and Today

Sunny thenSlight ChanceT-stormsHigh: 91 °F

Partly CloudyLow: 76 °F

ChanceT-stormsHigh: 92 °F

ChanceT-stormsLow: 77 °F

ChanceT-stormsHigh: 91 °F

ChanceT-stormsLow: 76 °F

ChanceT-stormsHigh: 91 °F

ChanceT-stormsLow: 75 °F

ChanceT-stormsHigh: 90 °F

We hope you like this weather data for Awendaw SC Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022. Also for the rest of the week, too!

Detailed Forecast

TodayA 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Heat index values as high as 103. Southwest wind 7 to 11 mph. TonightPartly cloudy, with a low around 76. Southwest wind 13 to 18 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight. ThursdayA 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 2pm and 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 92. Heat index values as high as 105. Southwest wind 7 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Thursday NightA 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. Southwest wind 8 to 13 mph. FridayA 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. Friday NightA 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 76.SaturdayA 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 8am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.Saturday NightA 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 75.SundayA 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.Sunday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 76.MondayA 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Sunny, with a high near 90.Monday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 77.TuesdayA 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 90.

Here’s a detailed discussion below that you might like for Awendaw SC Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022.

Area Forecast Discussion Issued by NWS Charleston, SCHome | Current Version | Previous Version | Text Only | Print | Product List | Glossary OffVersions: 1
FXUS62 KCHS 200953

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Charleston SC
553 AM EDT Wed Jul 20 2022

A trough of low pressure will linger well to the west today. A
cold front will drop into the area Thursday night, then
dissipate Friday. High pressure will build in through the
weekend and early next week.


An area of tstms is slowly working across the CSRA early this
morning. SPC instability analysis shows this activity has formed
in pocket with very little CIN, strange considering the time of
day. As this activity draws closer the far interior areas, the
atmosphere becomes increasing more stable with a considerable
amount of CIN. Enough of this activity may hold together to
reach the far interior zones by roughly 9 AM, so some low-end
mentionable pops were introduced to account for this. 20/06z
HREF is similar to its 00z counterpart in not showing too much
activity this afternoon. No changes were made to the afternoon
pop regime.

Today/This Evening: A broad weakness embedded within the East
Coast longwave through will remain across the Southeast U.S.
today, pinned between a large subtropical ridge centered over
the Four Corners Region and a Tropical Upper Tropospheric Trough
(TUTT) developing well east of the Bahamas. A typical summer
time airmass will reside over the area today with temperatures
in the 90s and dewpoints in the 70s yielding MLCAPE values ~2500
J/kg. Although a broad weakness is noted aloft, model vertical
cross sections depict little in the way of deep- layered forcing
with only subtle corridors of weak UVVs noted, likely
associated by ill-defined and strung out lobes of vorticity
passing through the flow aloft. Given the lack of synoptic
forcing, tstms will be largely airmass driven and generally
peaking during the mid-late afternoon hours before weakening
early this evening. Guidance keeps a modest deep westerly flow
in place which will help pin the sea breeze circulation to the
beaches for much of the day, likely only pushing inland mid-late

Westerly flow in the absence of a significant forcing feature
typically does not yield to much in the way of convection in
the summer and a number of the more reliable 20/00z CAMs are
trending in that direction. Pops were lowered into the 20-30%
range this afternoon and evening with convection likely being
enhanced in corridors of higher H8 theta-e pooling and where any
convective outflows intersect the pinned/severely delayed sea
breeze circulation. There is a weak signal in both the RAP and
ARW that a corridor of higher pops may be needed along parts of
coastal Georgia where outflow collides with the sea breeze, but
this specific scenario this not well supported by the 12/00z
HREF. 0-6km bulk shear could support some small multicellular
clusters, but any brief, loose convective organization will be
largely confined to mesoscale boundary collisions where updrafts
can become briefly enhanced. Overall, the prospects of pulse-
severe is largely below climatological normals for deep summer,
although one to two downed tree events not be completely ruled
out given how wet conditions have been over the past several

Highs will warm into the lower-mid 90s this afternoon. Some
dewpoint pooling into the mid-upper 70s could push heat indices
into the 105-107 range over the coastal counties, but these
should remain below the 110 Heat Advisory threshold. It will
become gusty (gusts 25-30 mph) near and just behind the sea
breeze mid-late afternoon.

Tonight: Any lingering convection will largely dissipate by
mid-evening. Attention shifts upstream as a shortwave approaches
after midnight. Although the atmosphere will be at its typical
minimum for instability, expect a band of isolated to perhaps
scattered showers/tstms to move across the Midlands and possibly
impact interior areas of Southeast South Carolina and Southeast
Georgia early Thursday morning as a band of forcing with the
shortwave pushes through. How far south and southeast this
activity will reach prior to dissipating is unclear with the
20/00z CAMs offering a number of possible outcomes. HREF probs
for >0.01″ are largely in the 20-30% range for areas roughly
along/north of a Millen-Walterboro-Charleston Metro line and
this looks to be a good place to start with the expectation that
further adjustments will be needed later today as additional
data are received. Lows will range from the mid 70s inland with
lower 80s at the beaches and Downtown Charleston.


Thursday: At the surface, the forecast area will be positioned
between Bermuda High pressure to the east and a lee trough across
the SC/GA Midlands. A shortwave trough will lift northeast pushing a
cold front toward the area, breaching the northwestern fringes of
the CWA late Thursday. SPC has placed our inland counties in a
Marginal Risk for severe thunderstorms Thursday with the environment
ahead of the front providing decent surface lift and around 15 knot
0-6km bulk shear. POPs increase beginning late afternoon inland,
which should extend into late evening and possibly overnight for the
coastal locations as convection pushes eastward. The severe threat
will lessen as storms propagate toward the coast as shear values
drop to 5 knots which will rid the potential for storm organization.
Robust heating through the day combined with dew points in the mid
70s will make for generous instability with MLCAPE around 2300 J/kg
over the aforementioned favorable area. The main hazard will be the
potential for damaging wind gusts within stronger thunderstorms. WPC
also has the northwest quadrant of the CWA placed in a Marginal Risk
for Excessive Rainfall. Storms could produce torrential rainfall
within areas of high rain rates and as storm motions decrease closer
to the coast. This could lead to flooding of roadways and low-lying
areas especially those locations that have seen large amounts of
rainfall recently.

Friday: A cold front will continue to slowly push toward the coast
Friday which is then expected to dissipate at some point near the
coast or just offshore. Another day of ample moisture (PWATS 2.0-
2.25″) and warming temperatures will lead to a quickly destabilizing
boundary layer with MLCAPE around 2000-2500 J/kg. Scattered showers
and thunderstorms are possible across the forecast area with the
potential for an isolated strong to severe thunderstorm. SPC has
placed the far inland counties in a Marginal Risk for severe
thunderstorms. Showers and tstorms should start to clear out after
sunset once we lose heating and the area becomes more stable from
earlier convection.

Saturday: Aloft, a weak TUTT low over the northern Caribbean will
inch toward the Southeast. At the surface, a lee trough reforms
across the NC/SC/GA Midlands. Chance POPS are in place across the
entire forecast area as llvl convergence and the influence from a
semi-pinned seabreeze will provide enough forcing for isolated to
scattered coverage of showers/tstorms.

High temperatures will range from the low to mid 90s each day.
Little relief from the heat is expected overnight with mild min
temperatures ranging from the mid to upper 70s, and near 80F along
the beaches.


Guidance consensus has a deepening TUTT low propagating westward
across the northern Caribbean Sunday and passing over central
Florida early next week. An upper ridge extending across the
southern half of the U.S. into the Atlantic will become disrupted by
this feature during its trek toward the Gulf. Sunday into Sunday
night could be another unsettled day as the low reaches its closest
point to the forecast area. As high pressure aloft bridges back
across early next week, weak subsidence will keep the forecast on
the drier side through the rest of next week.


KCHS/KJZI: VFR will prevail through 21/12z. Isolated to
scattered showers/tstms are expected this afternoon, but
confidence of any impacts is too low to justify a mention. Gusty
winds could impact KJZI by mid-afternoon and KCHS by late
afternoon as a robust sea breeze tries to make its way inland.
Gusts to 18 kt or so could occur roughly 20-00z.

KSAV: VFR will prevail through 21/12z. Surface winds look to
remain high enough prior to daybreak to preclude fog formation.
Isolated to scattered showers/tstms are expected to develop near
the terminal this afternoon, but confidence remains low for any
direct impacts this far out. However, there is enough of a
signal in the various high-res guidance to support a VCTS from
roughly 20-23z.

Extended Aviation Outlook: Periodic flight restrictions are
possible at KCHS/KJZI/KSAV during showers/thunderstorms each
afternoon/evening. Also, MVFR ceilings could occur as diurnal
cumulus develops within a moist air mass each morning.


Today: A southwesterly flow will persist with the region pinned
between high pressure well offshore and a piedmont trough well
to the west. A rather robust sea breeze is expected to develop
along the beaches this afternoon and move very slowly inland.
It will become rather breezy behind the sea breeze with winds in
the Charleston Harbor likely reaching as high as 20 kt with
gusts to 25 kt at times and waves 1-2 ft. A Small Craft
Advisory has been issued for this afternoon into early this
evening to account for these conditions. The pressure gradient
with tighten a bit over the waters late, which will will allow
winds to reach as high as 15-20 kt over all other coastal legs.
Conditions look to largely remain below advisory levels there,
although it could be close. Seas will average 2-4 ft.

Tonight: The combination of an enhanced pressure gradient and
summer noctural surging will keep south winds 15-20 kt in place
through the night. Wind gusts could frequently gust as high as
25 kt for mainly the Charleston County waters after midnight and
a Small Craft Advisory could very well be needed there. Seas
will average 2-4 ft, except build to 3-5 ft over the Charleston
County waters. Isolated convection could fire near the west wall
of the Gulf Stream late which could bleed into the Charleston
nearshore waters through daybreak.

Thursday through Monday: A pinched pressure gradient across the
local waters will continue as Bermuda High pressure remains situated
to the east and a surface trough to the west. Small Craft Advisories
could be needed Thursday afternoon into the evening for portions of
the waters as SW gusts reach 25 knots or higher; most likely across
the Charleston County nearshore waters, including the Charleston
Harbor. Seas will average 2-4 feet through the period, although some
5 footers could breach the Charleston County and Georgia waters
through Thursday night. Marine conditions are expected to improve
over the weekend. By Saturday southerly winds and seas will decrease
to 15 knots or less and 2-3 feet, respectively.

Rip Currents: The combination of a 2 ft east/southeast swell and
breezy conditions along coast with the sea breeze will support
a moderate risk for rip currents for all beaches through this

A Moderate risk for rip currents is in place for all beaches
Thursday due to gusty onshore winds and 9 second swells.
Continued onshore flow and long-period swell could lead to an
enhanced risk for rip currents through the end of the week.


MARINE…Small Craft Advisory from 2 PM this afternoon to 7 PM EDT this
evening for AMZ330.



Here are some major cities that you can check out the weather today and weather tomorrow in:

Chicago Weather

Madison Weather

Minneapolis Weather

Seattle Weather

Houston Weather


Our Source for this data

Other Source

Another Source to check weather


Always make sure to check multiple sources for the weather in case something’s wrong with this info about Awendaw SC Weather Tomorrow and Today 7.21.2022 and 7.20.2022. If you need to contact us, info(at) is the best way. Make sure to type an “@” instead of (at).

Leave a comment